Here´s a little test give you some perspective on your poker-lifestyle. You want to enjoy life, you want to have fun while improving at poker, and you want to make more money then yesterday. My question is, are you making the best of it?
I think everything is linked together. If your life isnt at top how can youre poker game be at top? Remember that you are not your job. Poker is something that you should build around your life. Poker should be something that helps you achieve your goals and dreams in life. If you dont have a purpose with poker your doing something wrong.
Here´s the test: Give yourself +1 point if the statement fits you and give yourself -2 if it doesnt.
Crossposted from my blog: mrbpokerstruggle.com
- I have a good sleeping pattern. I often wake up rested and full of energy.
- I have good and healthy eating pattern. My insuline is often at a stable level.
- I do some sort of workout every day. My shape is getting better every day.
- I do something I love everyday. I seldome postpone my happiness to the future.
- Im very well planed and efficient. I get the most out of my day.
- Im passionat about poker.
- I often do hand reading drills in HEM/PT.
- I regularly do range/math excersices.
- I regularly work on my mental game.
- I regularly talk to other players about strategy.
- I follow the improvement model. (Prepare, apply, analyze, improve, repeat)
- I´m mostly focused in game. I seldom autopilot. I never find it boring.
Jared explains this a bit more in this video:
Question: Whats the difference between a winning player that stays on top of the game for the long run and the medioker winning player that quits after about 1year (What is one doing/understanding better then the other one, generally speking about mentallity)? Whats the top 3 most important things a player must understand/do to improve his game?
The best way to predict your future is to create it.
Learn to appreciate what you have before time makes you apprichiate what you had.
It’s not what you do, it’s how you do it.
It’s not what you see, it’s how you look at it.
It’s now how your life is, it’s how you live it.